Friday, March 09, 2007

Life at Work

They were playing Ben Folds (SCORE!) at the Coffee House while I was working today, and I discovered that I am still not immune to the sappy corniness (yet also greatness) that is "The Luckiest." You know, that one song at the end of the Rockin' the Suburbs album where Folds sings about how much he loves his wife.
I was getting tears in my eyes while spreading mozzarella on the raw pizzas. When will it end?

Also, if you come to visit me at work and I'm totally zoned out staring at the floor or some distant place in space and time, this is probably what I'm thinking about:

If I had a dog that looked like this:

















I would name him/her Tiny Dancer. And maybe just call it "Dancer" for short (Dancey?).

And if I had a dog like this:














I would name him Willy Brandt, after my favorite German chancellor. They share a striking resemblance, trust me.

I don't plan to have either of these dogs, but I felt like sharing my innermost thoughts with you anyway.

Have a nice FRIDAY!
I have a linguistics midterm to look forward to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that "The Luckiest" is a fantastic song.

hanner said...

I am getting so many good laugh out louds from blogs today. That Tiny Dancer one KILLED ME. We have a chihuahua and I think I'd like her better if her name was TD.

And please remember when we loved on Ben Folds in high school. Oh man. I still cry when I hear that song.

Jay Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.