Saturday, January 21, 2006

Here are some pics from the last two weeks. I would post some from Christmas with my family, but I didn't take any with my camera, and my Mom is sending them to me now!
So I will post some from after that time:


Dylan and I hiked up to the Bismarckturm (built in honor of Otto von Bismarck, who lived in Goettingen back in the day). It was a gorgeous cold winter day.


Our one trip out of the city, where we went to Bremen. Cold and pretty as well!


Flash forward a week: Yesterday, on Friday, we went to Luebeck and saw Ice World: Koenigreich der Tiere! The Animal Kingdom! Woo hoo! Ice and snow sculptures in North Germany! It was FREEZING inside (and pretty cold outside too), basically felt like we were walking around in a freezer, which I guess makes sense. This is a huge woolly mammoth (doesn't look that big, but it was) that we saw right when we walked in.


My favorite sculpture: The dung beetles!


Thomas Mann's house is also in Luebeck (it's where he grew up), now it's called the Buddenbrooks house, after his most famous novel, so of course we had to stop by and take a picture.

And last but not least:

I dyed my hair today! It's just kind of a dark reddish-brown. Nothing too extreme. But now my whole room smells like hair dye, and I don't want to open a window because it's too cold....


Best of all, it gives me an excuse to shamelessly post pictures of myself!

And now for pretending to study for finals!

No comments: