Monday, August 22, 2005





Un-chronological, random pics from Berlin:

First pic-the Brandenburger Tor, first stop on our tour. You can see our SUPER enthusiastic tour guide, Chris, in the red shirt.

Second pic-riding in the train to Berlin! We were so excited, even though we thought we had to cram into a space on the floor between cars for two hours--turns out we were allowed to sit in the "reserved seats," but we didn't find that out until the trip back!

Third pic
-eating a donut that cost--I'll never get over this--1 Euro and 10 cents. That's like, $1.25 or something like that. I got it at freaking Dunkin' Donuts. But it was pretty good.

Fourth pic
-Going clubbing! Or so we thought. Cindy, Vivian, me, Erika, and Mariana, a Brazilian girl who roomed with us in the hostel and joined us in the search for a club. We ended up getting too lost and tired to find anywhere, and just went to a bar instead. Good times.

*WARNING: Complaining Ahead*
Scheisse!
Yes, I've taken up German swearing again. I think I have a good reason to--I have a test on German politics the day after tomorrow...met with another girl in my class today to figure out the basic governmental system...and didn't understand it at all. I mean, I think is politics is (are?) interesting, but I don't need to know the MINUTE details! We can only hope to find someone else in the class who gets it better, and then of course explain it all to us!

No comments: