Monday, August 15, 2005

Ok, I have internet from my dorm now, yay! Today, I have been in Germany for a week--and things have been going pretty well. I think the only part of my trip that isn't going quite as I'd like is that I haven't really met any Germans. Oh, those Germans--always so open and friendly. Not. Actually, there are only about two or three people moved into my hall now, since school doesn't start until October. But I always say "hi" in the hall...no major conversation yet, not even a "So, are you American?" Ah well, I'm sure something will happen eventually.

Also, we had two German "orientators" for the first week to show us around and stuff, two girls named Catharina and Judith, who were basically grad students at Goettingen, and they were both really cool. Catharina is very sarcastic and funny, and Judith is just really sweet and helpful--when you try to be sarcastic with her, she just doesn't pick up on it.

The only other minor thing I have to complain about is: it is August here (as I assume it is in the States as well), and yet it is raining practically every day. I thought it just rained every day in the fall and winter, but apparently the wet months have started earlier this year! I definitely didn't bring enough warm clothing, but I guess that's what shopping is for! And the sun came out today. For like, half an hour. Good times.

Well, I'm going to a potluck-thingy with the other UC kids in fifteen minutes...better go. Wish me luck with those Germans! (And the freakin' German language.)

No comments: