Thursday, September 16, 2004

These final weeks before I go back to school have been a BLAST. And when I say BLAST I mean BLAST as in going to the dentist three times in two weeks, and getting at least four fillings. I was so proud of myself! Me and my (falsely) clean teeth! Ah well. I suppose there comes a time in every person's life when they are going to have teeth problems. But can't I just be DONE with mine? I mean, I got braces three times. . . .

Ok, I'm done complaining about that now. Now I must urge all of my readers to buy this awesome CD: Nellie McKay. It is SO good! Granted, I'd have to say her music probably doesn't have universal appeal. But she's so cool. She plays piano, writes her own stuff, sings it, and the songs are really catchy, and they're in all different styles, although I'd say mainly jazz. Plus, she's only 19. And she's WAY better than Norah Jones, which many articles compare her to. No offense to Norah Jones fans (ahem--Hannah), but all the songs I've heard by her sound the same. And they make me fall asleep. So yeah. Nellie McKay just came out with this CD, and she doesn't have a whole lot of publicity, so everyone should look into it. Plus, she has a whole song about how great dogs are for companions, and how you should get one at the pound. She's a member of PETA, too! Ok, I'm done now. My obsession with Garden State has now changed into my obsession with Nellie McKay.

Last weekend I saw Napoleon Dynamite twice in two days, the first time with Pauline (we weren't really sure what to expect), and the second time with my whole family. What a funny movie! I know I am way behind in seeing this movie, but I had doubts about how good it would be. But, as pretty much everyone else has said, it's hilarious. My parents loved it, too, probably more than I did, much to my surprise. I was worried they would think the story line was pointless. But my mom was cracking up from the opening scene of Napoleon just standing in front of his house, staring at the ground. Good times. My dad also took me and my sister to see Hero. That movie was alright. Pretty much what I expected it to be. Better plot than Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in my opinion, though.

In other news. . . there is no other news, about me, anyway. But Leah's gonna start volunteering at the L.A. Zoo. She's gonna get to give talks and stuff to little kids about saving endangered species, and stuff like that. Is that cool or what?

No comments: