Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Lynda Barry Animal Ad Lib

 I've posted about my Lynda Barry drawing and writing (mostly drawing) exercises on here before. I thought this latest one was fun, called "Animal Ad Lib." You write a diary entry for 5 minutes each day, and then spend 15 minutes drawing a wild or exotic animal (the more unfamiliar the animal, the better). Then, after six days or so, you draw each animal again for only five minutes, with the animals speaking the first line of your diary entry for that day. (The exercise comes from this awesome book.) 


So, here's what I created: 

I find it kind of amusing that my only "angry" animal (that's supposed to be a baboon, lol) is saying the only "angry" line of a diary -- totally a subconscious connection.

1 comment:

hanner said...

I love this!! Your animals look so friendly. Even the baboon in his own way.