Monday, February 20, 2017

Valbirthentine's Day

I had a good birthday + Valentine's Day this year, not least because my birthday was on a Sunday, and I forgot how wonderful it is to get to sleep in on one's birthday!

My birthday fortune in the LA Times. Not sure it makes sense.....

Ari made me birthday muffins! 

FREE Starbucks drink on my birthday! I got a molten chocolate latte with whipped cream. :D

Ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins with mint chocolate ice cream. By special request. Thanks for fulfilling my dreams, Ari! 
 On Valentine's Day, we had dinner in K-town and went to see Angel Olsen perform at the Wiltern Theater. My first time at the Wiltern; it really is a great venue. Unfortunately, we DID have to stand for over 3 hours to see the whole show, and that was pretty tough to do after a full day of work. There were two opening acts: Chris Cohen (psychedelic rock) and Jonathan Richman, a zany, ridiculous singer who is apparently is a living legend. He was definitely a lot of fun to watch!




But wait, there's more! On Thursday 2/16, we had a belated swing dancing birthday party at Lindygroove, which is where Ari and I take swing dancing classes every Thursday night. If it's your birthday, you get invite up to 10 guests for free, AND they give you chocolate cupcakes at a reserved table. So nice! So my parents and sister and my Aunt Liz came out to dance and/or watch people dance. It was really nice. 

We took this after Aunt Liz left. Oops. 



No comments: