Monday, September 28, 2015

This multicultural city

Today, I went to the Brooklyn Public Library to apply for "ID NYC," a government program where you get a New York ID card (it's different from a drivers license) and can use it to get benefits all around the city just for being a local. If you have the card, you can apply for free membership to some pretty awesome institutions, including the Natural History Museum, the Bronx Zoo, and BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music, which is nearby us and always has cool live music and indie movies).

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it. And I still enjoy being reminded of how freaking multicultural and awesomely diverse the city is. You can request someone who speaks your language to to interview you for the card, and these are all of the languages the brochure comes in: 


That is all for today. Sometimes you're really awesome, NYC!  

2 comments:

jesse.anne.o said...

I have one of these! The only membership I applied to was the BBG though. I think my year is half way done. Oh well.

kate said...

Ooooh, BBG is a good one too!