Sunday, June 17, 2012

Broadway fiend

Since I'm heading back to California in less than a month, I've been trying to think about things I want to do before I leave. And weirdly, I've mostly been fixated on theater. So this past week, I saw TWO, count 'em TWO Broadway musicals (at student rush prices, though, of course). On Wednesday I saw Porgy and Bess (which was pretty good, but the pleasure of the music was moderated by people using their IPHONES during the show), and Jesus Christ Superstar on Friday.

Of the two, I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I LOVED the significantly-less-classy JCS much, much more than Porgy and Bess. But I know almost all the songs to it! And we got third-row seats! And Jesus' voice was AMAZING (although so was Bess'). Ah well. We can't always control our preferences, I suppose.

Elated after coming out of the show.

No comments: