Sunday, January 08, 2012

Bizarre Pizza

Ari and I finally had a chance to head over to the new pizza joint a few blocks south of our place on Classon, PeteZaaz. (Weird name, I know -- apparently one of the owners is called Pete.) I was intrigued by their "General Tso's Tofu" pizza, which actually has General Tso's tofu on it. I LOVE General Tso's tofu. No really. Ari can tell you that I get it approximately once a week at some Chinese takeout place or another.

Anyway, we ordered it:
And it was kind of ridiculous. Grated carrots, broccoli, cottage cheese, basil...and spicy tofu on top. We each had about two slices and then decided it was too much, and took it home. I'm pretty sure we'll finish it eventually, but it was a little too weird. I'm disappointed, because the restaurant itself is cute, with vintage pinball games on the wall, and antique light bulbs hanging from the ceiling. Ah well. Pizza, you were worth a try.

3 comments:

jesse.anne.o said...

Oh, bummer. I just walked by there today and was reminded that someone mentioned them having a vegan pie. Do they have other vegan pies or is this it?!

kate said...

This one isn't even actually vegan, although it's easily veganized (there is cottage cheese mixed with the broccoli).

I didn't see any pizzas on the menu that were already vegan, unfortunately. Maybe Barboncino (on Franklin) has some better choices--I hope to check that place out soon!

Fer said...

that pretty.:)