Friday, September 03, 2010

School Starts (Sort of)!

Haven't posted for a bit because I've been in that weird place where you don't really have anything to do, yet if you think about it hard, you feel like you have a million things to do. Anyone know what that's like?

I think it's part of the whole moving to a new place + starting a new school process. Paperwork, organization, buying of groceries, picking classes...you know. Kind of fun, kind of not fun.

So I had my first classes yesterday. But I'm probably not going to be in either of them. So I'm still kind of waiting around. "Literacy and Development" fulfills a "breadth" requirement (it's like a GE course), but it looks like a pretty intense class. You have to create a curriculum for a literacy center, among other things. Or volunteer 20 hours at a literacy center and then write a minimum of 40 pages about your experience.
While I do I think it would be really interesting to do those things; I just think I'd like to get used to being back in school first, and take it a little slower to start with.

The other class (Sociolinguistics and Education) is full, so I'm wait-listed. And I kind of doubt people will drop. Oh well.

My "real" classes start in earnest next week. And that was a very boring post. Sorry.

Hooray for a long weekend!

No comments: