Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Apparently I am a Type 3

Has anyone heard of enneagrams? They're these psychological tests that put your personality in a number category, ranging from 1 to, uh, 8 I think. Leah took a psychology class and already knows that she's a four, the "individualist." Like the French intellectual Proust, apparently. And the closest category that fits me is a three, the "achiever," the category also taken by Irving Berlin. It's all rather strange.

But one does things like personality tests when one has entirely TOO MUCH free time on one's hands. Not that I'm complaining. It has been wonderful relaxing the last few weeks. I'm in SoCal for the week, awaiting news on the healing of my gum grafting on Friday. So much fun!

But for now, Happy fourth!
I'm going to Six Flags tomorrow! It's going to be DEATHLY HOT. But I will try to survive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enneagram is a cool word.

Jay Bee said...

so of course, I googled this test and I'm an achiever too! THe funny thing is, I don't feel like I am one. That test is WHACK! jk

Anonymous said...

I was mostly a type 9 (it went up to 9 on the test I took), though the results gave me a percentage for each of the nine categories and I was also pretty high in type 2 and 6. Anyway, based on my answers, I'm calm and need to be peaceful and easy to get along with in order to be happy. Sadly, this site had no damning epithets for the various types. But if it did, I guess mine would be "hippie."

Anonymous said...

apparently i'm also a 3.
miss you kate.
-billy

Jay Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.